This Site Is No Longer In Management Please Register to ShahENajafWC shahenajafwc.nicebaord.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Imam Sadiq stories2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
A>Zai

PostSubject: Imam Sadiq stories2   Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:57 pm

IMAMATE IS GUIDANCE WE NEED

Basra is a big city and the main port of Iraq. It is situated at the mouth of river Euphrates.

There, in a big mosque, people used to assemble to discuss various subjects on Islamic rules and laws. A famous learned Priest of Sunni Sect by name Amr Bin Ubeid was once preaching on the subject of Imamate. He was surrounded by a big crowd of people who were asking various questions on the subject. Suddenly, a young and intelligent student of Islam by name of Hesham, entered the gathering and sat down in the first row. He addressed the priest saying that he was a stranger and would like to ask some questions. On getting the permission to do so, he asked the following:

Hesham: First, Sir! May I please know if you have eyes?

Amr: Young Boy! Is this a question to ask?

Hesham: Whatever it may be, this is my question to which I shall appreciate your answer.

Amr: Alright! You are at liberty ask, even though it is a foolish question.

Hesham: As I have already asked, Sir, may I please know if you have eyes?

Amr: Yes, I have.

Hesham: For what use are they?

Amr: With eyes, I can see faces of people and color of various things.

According to a verse of Quran, Imamah is a station that was granted to prophet Ibrahim al-Khalil (pbuh) after that great test, trial by Kalimat (words). According to traditions that are consecutively narrated (mutawatir) and which both Shi'a and Sunnis have related, this station was also placed in the Ahl al-Bait of the Prophet (pbuh).

Hesham: And you have a nose also?

Amr: Yes. I do have one.

Hesham: What is its function?

Amr: l smells the scent and odor by it.

Hesham: And do you have a mouth?

Amr: Yes I do have.

Hesham: For what use is it?

Amr: I can talk to people or taste food and drinks with it.

Hesham: Do you have ears?

Amr: Yes, I have two ears.

Hesham: What is their function?

Amr: I can hear voices by them.

Hesham: And do you have a mind?

Amr: Almighty has bestowed me with that also.

Hesham: What is its use?

Amr: With that I am able to distinguish things whatever is felt by the other senses like hands, eyes, ears, nose, tongue etc. In case of a difference, I am able to solve with its help. In case of a doubt, I can dispel with it and be sure.

Hesham: So, does it mean that despite being sound and healthy, all these organs cannot function independently without the help of the mind.

Amr: No, No! None of the organs can function independently without the help of the mind.

Hesham: Why is it so? After all, are the organs perfect and strong enough to difference between things?

Amr: Young Boy! When any organ has some doubt about a thing which it smells, sees or tastes, it brings the matter to the mind and it is the mind which confirms the truth and removes the doubt.

Hesham: So, from what you have said, do you want me to understand that God Almighty has created and designed the mind to guide the organs and remove doubts.

Amr: Yes! It is so.

Hesham: So the mind is a necessity, otherwise the organs could not work independently.

Amr: Yes.

Hesham: Please Sir! Proclaim your opinion with fairness and justice on this point also. If the Almighty has not left the organs of man's body without the guidance of the mind, how is it possible that Almighty God could leave millions of His creatures without an IMAM to guide and solve their problems arising out of doubts and conflicts? Should not our common sense accept this fact?

On hearing this logic argument, and having no answer to give, Amr Bin Ubeid kept silent and went into deep thinking.

Hesham was a deeply learned person and one of the closest companions of Imam J'afar Sadiq (A.S.) from whom he had obtained his knowledge.

MODESTY

One day Imam Musa Kazim (A.S.) was passing by the tent of a Nomad who was a black man. He went up to him and said "Salam Alaikum", in a warm and friendly manner.

Upon leaving he said good-bye to him in a very kind manner with these words: "If there is anything I can do for you, I'm more than willing to do it".

One of the followers of the Imam who saw this attitude said "Is it suitable for you, the son of the messenger of Allah, to sit and talk with a man of no reputation and make such an offer as: If you need me in any work, I'm more than willing to do it? Is it right for a man of great dignity to talk to a man like that?"

The Imam replied, "This is one of Allah's creatures. Allah has created all men equal. Besides, as a Muslim, he is our brother in faith. After all, life does not remain the same forever. One who needs help today may be the one who will be able to help us tomorrow when we'll need help! If we don't pay any attention to him today, one day when we may need him we will be embarrassed to ask him for help".

DO NOT TREAT PEOPLE THE WAY THEY TREAT YOU BUT ALWAYS BETTER

There was a poor uneducated farmer who was very rude to our 7th Imam, Imam Musa al-Kadhim (AS) whenever he saw him.

No matter how rude this man was, Imam (AS) never got angry and he never said anything to the man.

Imams (AS) friends wanted to punish the rude man, but Imam (AS) would not allow them to. Imam (AS) told them that he himself would teach this man a lesson.

One day Imam Musa al-Kadhim (AS) rode out to the rude man's farm where the man was working. When the man saw Imam (AS) he stopped working and put his hands on his hips, ready to be abusive again.

Imam (AS) dismounted, went towards the man and greeted him with a friendly, smiling face. Imam (AS) then told him that he should not overwork himself and that the land he had was very good. He then asked him how much he was expecting to receive for the crop.

The farmer was amazed at Imam (AS) politeness and sincerity, he waited a little then said that he was expecting to get around 200 gold pieces. Imam (AS) took out a purse and gave it to the farmer telling him that in it was 300 gold pieces, more than the value of his crop. Imam (AS) told the man to take the money and also to keep the crop, and that he hoped the man would receive more for it.

The farmer faced with such kind behavior and good manner/Akhlaq, was very ashamed of himself and asked Imam (AS) for forgiveness.

After that when ever the man would see Imam (AS) he would greet him very politely. The Imam's (AS) friends were very surprised!
Back to top Go down

Imam Sadiq stories2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1